Information We Collect
You can browse most of our site without providing any personal information. In order to start or participate in projects, or participate in the forums, you are required to register as a member. If you choose to give us personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers (financial information is encrypted for your protection);
- Transactional information based on your activities on DesignsDesk.com (such as your projects or entries to a project);
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence sent to us; and
- Standard web log information, such as connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our site, ad data, and IP address.
Security Of The Information We Collect
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. Designs Desk is committed to industry best practices concerning security to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information in our possession. However, as you know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Transactions in the marketplace are conducted in a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session, which encrypts all transaction data for transmittal in a format that prevents theft of the information. While on a secure page, the lock at the bottom of a web browser becomes locked and this lets you know that you are in a secured session. Our servers are located in a secure, supervised environment. Our databases are accessible only by persons who have entered into and are bound by a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement with us.
How We Use Your Information
We will never resell or redistribute your information without your express permission. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Site Policies;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Compare your information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties; and
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your specific preferences.
Your nickname is publicly displayed on our site. Other people can see your projects, entries, feedback, ratings and associated comments, and so on. Notices sent to community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on DesignsDesk.com may refer to nicknames.
How You Use Information from Designs Desk
Designs Desk allows users to share personal information to complete transactions and to enter into agreements with each other (such as the Design Contract). We encourage you to respect the privacy of others. To help protect the privacy of all users, we allow only limited access to other users' contact information to facilitate transactions. When users are involved in a transaction (after a Winning Designer is selected), they will have access to each other's name and contact information. You agree to use another user's information only for:
- Designs Desk transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages; and
- Other purposes that the other user expressly permits.
We do not like spam. You may not add other Designs Desk users to your mailing list (email or physical mail), or share, rent or sell other users' contact information, without their express consent. To report Designs Desk related spam or spoof emails to Designs Desk, please forward the email to us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Site Policies. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We never sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may disclose personal information if we are legally required to do so, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims that content you submitted violates the rights of others, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of third parties. We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers who help us with our business operations;
- Third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send your information; and
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, nickname history, IP address, fraud complaints, as well as project and entry history).
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or equivalent legal document, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Protecting Your Account
Your password is your key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken on your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing or Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change your personal information in your account. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Site Policies, and take other actions permitted by law.
Our Site may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing other services or project referenced on the Site. This document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. Designs Desk does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Designs Desk, LLC
150 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 2800
Chicago, Illinois 60601